Songs for software testers

What songs would you say represent software testers?

2 Likes

I couldn’t say that there are any songs that I would say represent software testers per se but quite often while working hard (means quite rare LOL, just kidding) I listen to some cyberpunk, electronic, techno, 80s retrowave, darkwave and it feels good and right for me :smiley:

6 Likes

While there isn’t one perfect song for software testers, I have a playlist I like to listen to when I’m testing.

4 Likes

I asked ChatGPT: “What songs would you say represent software testers?” and this was its output:

Choosing songs to represent software testers can be subjective, but here are a few suggestions that might capture different aspects of the profession:

1. “Under Pressure” by Queen & David Bowie: Testing software often involves dealing with tight deadlines, high expectations, and the pressure to ensure everything works flawlessly.
  2. “Fix You” by Coldplay: Software testers are often tasked with identifying and fixing bugs or issues in the software, essentially “fixing” what’s broken.
  3. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor: Testing can sometimes feel like a battle against bugs and unexpected issues, but testers persevere and find ways to overcome challenges.
  4. “Every Breath You Take” by The Police: Software testers meticulously monitor and analyze every aspect of the software, just like the watchful eye in this song.
  5. “The Sound of Silence” by Simon & Garfunkel: Testing often involves seeking out problems and areas of improvement, sometimes in the quiet and overlooked corners of the software.
  6. “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake: Despite the challenges, software testers bring energy and enthusiasm to their work, striving to create high-quality products.
  7. “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen: As testers identify and report bugs, they metaphorically knock down issues one by one, like dominos falling.
  8. “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor: Testing requires focus, determination, and sometimes a fighting spirit to ensure that the software meets quality standards.

These songs capture various aspects of the software testing profession, from the challenges and pressure to the perseverance and dedication of testers.

9 Likes

The Software Engineer Song (youtube.com)

Work Music — Early Morning Productivity Playlist (youtube.com)

6 Likes

YouTube search query for a 45 minute exploratory testing session: film noir smooth jazz ambiant rain

When challenged to find as many issues as possible in 3 minutes: Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

When pairing with someone:

When solving a technical problem: retro darkwave synthwave

2 Likes

That is really cool.

3 Likes

My favorite is a little known B-Side by Prince:

“When Devs Cry”

5 Likes

I enjoy this TMBG tune.

2 Likes

Less a song, but that one video of the Marmot/Prairie Dog standing there, then screaming. :smiley:

1 Like

Heh, I admit to trying ChatGPT too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh, this one is fun!

This one?

For HolidayBash in 2021 we came up with some songs.

• Everything Is Broken - Bob Dylan
  • Please Release Me - Engelbert Humperdinck
  • Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For - U2
  • Firestarter - Prodigy
  • Tick Tick Boom - The Hives
  • The Man Who Can’t Be Moved - The Script
  • Bring It On Down - Oasis
  • There’s No Other Way - Blur
  • Something In The Way - Nirvana
  • You Can’t Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones
  • Rat In Mi Kitchen - UB40 (slight link with the lyric “fix that rat”)
  • Club Tropicana - Wham! (aka The Club :sweat_smile:)
  • Shout At The Devil - MöTley CrĂŒe
  • If It Ain’t Broke Break It - Meat Loaf(d)(!)
3 Likes
3 Likes

We will rock you - Queen (don’t we test folks always rock the boat? And other things?)
We are the champions - Queen again
I’m going slightly mad - another Queen song (and believe me, I feel that way every time I find myself dealing with an intermittent bug I just can’t track down)
Any and every classical Mass (they’re all about prayer - how many of us pray that the next build will have fixed those bugs we found?)
The rise of evil - Sabaton (for those day when the bugs just keep coming)
The Wall - Pink Floyd (for anyone trapped in a Waterfally situation where the test code is thrown over said wall)

Yes, I do have a weird and eclectic taste in music.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Oh @simon_tomes - awesome, this makes me smile :smile:

This could be a merch article - like “I stil haven’t found what I’m looking for” on the front and on the back side

• “I’m HI (Human Intelligence) and not AI” (or something similar)
  • But if I have found it, I’ll create a defect
  • If you would be a clean coder, there would be no need to find anything :smiley:

:rofl:

2 Likes

Good ol’ Motörhead.

We bring the shake, for goodness shake
We bring the truth to mock you now
We bring the shake to rock you now

1 Like