Hi All,

This is the place to share your most memorable bug you have found. As a tester we have found so many bugs and it is very difficult to remember all the bugs. But sometimes we can't forget some bugs. So if you have any bug in your mind, which you feel is the most memorable bug in your life then please share with us.

My Most Memorable Bug
-------------------------------------
When I was doing the testing of behavior based anti-virus product, I caught this bug and I think, it is the most memorable bug in my life. Usually we do the compatibility testing of our product with different anti-virus product and observe the functioning of our product. As usual everything works fine and we are not finding any problem in our product. One day I tried to find out any other behavior based anti-virus software is available or not in the market. After long search I got one behavior based anti-virus product and most important thing is that it is an open source product. After installation of the open source software, our behavior based software stops to work.

So....once again I am requesting all of you to share your most memorable bug you have found till now...

Views: 3977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for me it would actually be a bug that I didn't find...

Back in my programmer days we released a program that had a regression bug that meant customers using our app couldn't take credit card payments from people. This was the last straw that convinced management they had to take testing more seriously ( the 'tester' we did have totally missed it ). As I had shown a knack for testing in being able to break most apps very easily they approached me to see if I could help out...

- and the rest is history !!
Missing records in a daily report.
We were to validate the records generated by one of our backend application.
It generates details of transaction reports for the day and archive.
We have noticed that some records were missing at the end for few minutes.
It was due to invalid use of date function in Orcale.

MM was used for minutes instead of MI in date range.

QA will not avoid this if proper boundary testing is done.
I find this to be an interesting question and a good repository to illuminate just how serious defects can be. I find two memorable ones in my past. I cannot decide which is most memorable.

1. A table overflow in a realtime tactical military system where the overflow trounced on the interrupt vector for network interrupt-handling. This killed the entire data network. Gone was all information related to surface, subsurface, and airborne contact or track information related to friendly, hostile, or unknown. Thousands of military units shared this network.

2. The other memorable defect involved TCP sequence number confusion where an an online stock-trading customer could end up seeing the details of another person's account. This happened when the system was under stress.
I once found a centipede in my sandwich. Does that count?
That is certainly a big one. The many legs would certainly hamper root-cause failure analysis. Where does one begin - the errant brain of the 'pede, the errant brain of the preparer, environmental issue...? Has global warming gotten so bad that 'pedes are seeking the cool interior of sandwiches? (assuming a cold-cut 'wich)
:-)
My Sony Ericsson phone has a great one - if you are listening to music and have the music menu open, then receive an SMS/TXT the phone crashes when you exit out of the music menu. tut tut, it's always the edge cases :)

RSS

Adverts

© 2017   Created by Rosie Sherry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service